Featured

Thank You!!!

Thank You!!!

The Mount Holly Fire District would like to extend its appreciation to the Burlington County fire community (and Cherry Hill FD Canteen) who responded New Year’s Day to a building fire on Holeman Street. Facing the frigid temperatures of the early morning along with driving winds and heavy fire load, companies assumed various roles in the extinguishment of the multi-alarm blaze which consumed the vacant Arrow Safety Device building. We are pleased to report that no firefighter injuries were sustained during the operation. Thank you again to all companies involved. Happy New Year!!

Read More

Avoid the Deep Freeze

Avoid the Deep Freeze

Frozen Pipes aren’t just an inconvenience, they are disastrous. An average of a quarter-million families have their homes damaged and their lives disrupted each winter…all because of water pipes that freeze. Contrary to belief, both poly (PVC, PEX) and copper pipes may burst. An eighth-inch crack in a pipe can spew up to 250 gallons of water a day, wrecking floors, furniture, and property. Before the Cold Hits. . . INSULATE pipes in crawl spaces and attics. These expose pipes are most susceptible to freezing. Remember: The more insulation you use, the better protected your...

Read More

The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide (CO)

The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide (CO)

Each year throughout the country, unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning claims more than 400 lives and sends another 20,000 people to hospital emergency rooms for treatment. Understanding the Risk What is carbon monoxide? Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless and toxic gas. Because it is impossible to see, taste or smell the toxic fumes, CO can kill you before you are aware it is in your home. At lower levels of exposure, CO causes mild effects that are often mistaken for the flu. These symptoms include headaches, dizziness, disorientation, nausea and fatigue. The effects of CO exposure...

Read More